Friday, January 21, 2011

Touch

Touch, touched, being touched, smile touch, sound touch,
Many ways of being
Touched
Research show there's a chemical reaction
In the body that happens through
Touch
It releases endorphins helping body, mind and emotions relax, re-align
Mexico has the lowest level of crib death
Because the babies are always being
Touched
I am touched when the child next door follows me around wanting to Touch me

I had a young boy visit me regularly when I lived in Tokyo
He always came wounded in some way
Scratched his knee, cut his finger, hurt his head
I made a point of touching him, lots
One visit he came to see me on crutches
Now that's an extreme need to be touched, I thought
How long has it been since your parents touched you, I asked
He said he remembered clearly… when he was 5
His heart was so needing to be touched, he told me
He felt locked up inside where the sun couldn't touch him
I decided while in Japan I was going to touch children with a smile
Beautiful smiles I received in response kept
My heart open in a busy crowded city



Sound touch, that's a touch
My beautiful meditation music touches me
Bringing me onto a higher plain of thinking, of seeing  the world,
Of being in my life for myself
And still, in the process of growing,
I am aware of the sounds I don't want to be touched by
Giving myself the right to say no
To receiving negative, toxic sounds
Being talked at
Downloaded onto
No, thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment