Friday, January 21, 2011

Miracles

It was one of those beautiful sunny days.
I was sitting in a cafe people watching, enjoying being alive.
Having one of my conversations with myself about miracles.
Left brain saying, “It's a fantasy created by wishful thinking.”
Right brain trying to see it that way, but NO! Doesn't agree.
The fact that I'm sitting here is a miracle.
How many billions of sperm did I have to race against and win?
That determination, that intention.
That's a miracle.
I remember wandering around Yoyogi Park on one of my visits to Tokyo.
I found a beautiful cherry blossom tree to sit under.
I was dreaming of eating a salmon and cream pie,
Knowing that Japanese don't normally make pies.
Especially salmon and cream pies.
Not a minute later, I get a tap on my shoulder.
I turn around. It's my friend, Peter, handing me a salmon and cream pie.
That's a miracle.
I was in the audience listening to a lecture thinking
“I have reached a good enough level in my work.
Time to give back. Time I started giving lectures.
Dare I think that?”
 “Make a commitment to yourselves,” the lecturer said.
“Without a commitment nothing much can happen.”
“Yes,” I thought, “I'm going to start giving lectures.”
In the break, a man walked up to me and said:
“I have a company, the lecturer is sick.
I desperately need someone with your knowledge. Now!
Please help!”
I was standing staring at him, thinking:
A Miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment