Friday, January 21, 2011

A Not So Young Man

Once upon a time, my not so young male friend said to me:
“I’m stuck in not respecting women.”
“I can't trust women,” he said.
“They are manipulative, passive aggressive and emotionally exhausting.”
I asked him if he was describing his relationship with his mother.
He said, “yes, I am.”
“OK then, my not so young male friend, you need an education
About women by a woman. “So I proceeded.
“In every ancient tribal ritual when a boy reached puberty,
The men in the tribe would come and take the boy away from his mother’s
Emotional protection to initiate him into the male world.
The mother lives off her son’s life force by trying to
Mold him to be the man she wants.
Weaving a web of ‘her special boy’ or ‘her emotional husband’,
She manipulates him with the spider aspect of a woman's nature.
If he doesn't co-operate, she threatens to withdraw her love
And she has raised him to believe his very survival depends on this love.
Or she plays the victim martyr card: ‘you bad boy for hurting mummy After all she has done for you.’”
“That's disgusting!” my not so young male friend says.
“Nature wasn't made to please your judgment,” I say.
“It is your role as a male to wake up and pull yourself away from Mummy's warm safe seductive illusionary web.”
“How can you see the web?” he asks.
“On the web is written the word ‘GUILT’ which stops you from seeing.
“How else can you find yourself
If you don't have adversities to fight against?” I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment