Friday, January 21, 2011

Perceptions

Am I only a collection of perceptions?
Every time I look inside, that's all I see. 
A collection of perceptions.
How can I trust my judgments?
Am I constantly  projecting onto life 
My collection of perceptions?
My beliefs, my opinions, my values,
All a collection of perceptions.
When did they enter my being?
I like this, I don't like that.
He's good, she's bad.
She's good, he's bad
Good. Bad. Good. Bad.
My collection of perceptions.
What if I let them go?
Will I disappear?
They make me feel
Right, safe, of value.
They give me an opinion, a position in life.
What's behind the door of my collection of perceptions?
How life should be,
For you. For me.
Hell on earth, life drying up,
My collection of perceptions.
Like a mouse running on a wheel
Stop. Look. Where am I?
The same place?
The wheel, my collection of perceptions sucking up my life force.
Why?
It's a machine. Machines machine.
Machines don't ask why.
The momentum keeps them going
And my life dries up.
Gratitude.I see myself machining.

No comments:

Post a Comment